Sunday, September 2, 2012

Getting Personal

Last year a friend invited me to a "31" party.  After spending over $100.00 on personalized tote bags I vowed this would be the last purse, candle, jewelry, etc. type party I would ever attend.  While I thought I spent too much money (certainly more than I promised myself before attending the party), I have to say purchasing a monogrammed cooler tote for my husband was one of the best purchases I ever made.  I had the words "Coach Gorby" printed on the bag. 

While we have other cooler totes at home, my husband loves taking this tote to his cross country and track events.  It's one way I have been able to get him to eat a somewhat healthy lunch on a weekend.  Last Saturday he had an all day cross country meet in Columbus.  He actually asked to take a lunch - which usually never happens.  I made 2 turkey sandwiches (using preservative free turkey meat) and also threw in a 1/4 cup of roasted almonds into his lunch tote.  Of course he added a few bags of chips.  Always compromising!




No comments:

Post a Comment